Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas in MidV

Christmas decoration in MidV is pretty good this year. They have this warm orange theme and I kinda like it. But, it make me feel so cozy and don't want to shop. Well, good for me lah kan hehe. The bushes form a fairy tale like garden, with lots of fake maple leaves and bright lights in the big leaves. If we can have it one in the house, it will be soooo romantic! It's already 10PM when I snapped these pics and most of the shops already closing down but there are still lots of people posing here and there with the trees.

The trees from Level 3

The tree lamp. Romantic is it?

Anyway, what do you eat when you are in MidV? The fastfood restaurant will be almost the same regardless where you are. If you are tired with the posh restaurant, you may want to try the Char Koay Teow or Koay Teow Basah at their food court (Level 3, next to California Fitness).

I don't remember the exact name, but it is from Penang food section, where they serve Asam Laksa, Wantan soup, etc. You will find the place easily as there is only one shop titled 'Penang'.

This Koay Teow Basah is a real shot I tell ya. For a food court, and for my taste bud. I tried one in KLCC, still can't beat this one. Mr Comot even like this version more than the famous Penang Char Koay Teow in Bukit Mertajam. But, I prefer the BM version as it is spicier and hmm.. more Malay ;)

And this one can easily beat the Char Koay Teow in Sany Cafe (Bayan Baru) and the kedai makan depan USM. Anyone from Penang wanna bet? :D

The watery version

If you simply order Koay Teow Basah, it won't be this 'banjir', but enough 'basah' for normal consumption. I purposely order this version as I like to 'drink' the kuah.

"Koay Teow basah satu, kuah lebih, letak dalam mangkuk"

So tasty and slurrpppyyy!


The generous amount of medium prawn and cockles

The best part is, it's only RM5 per bowl! (or is it 5.50, more or less). Without tax. This is my definite order whenever I don't have any idea what to eat for the dinner or when I simply craving for it.

I plan to try their Asam Laksa, but I have this feeling it will turn out normal.


Ok peeps! happy working.

1 comment: